Norfolk Street Child Care Centre offers a funded 4 year old Integrated Kindergarten Program. This exciting addition to NSCCC has granted current families with priority of access to our program and strengthened our ability to support children’s learning and development.
The Kindergarten program is delivered in our 20 place room with a Kindergarten Teacher and two Qualified Co-Educators. The program runs during school terms from 9:00am-2:00pm daily with long day care before and after. For children to be eligible to participate in the program they will be required to attend a minimum of three days per week. The cost of Kindergarten will be incorporated into the daily fee ($128 per day).
The structured program supports all children’s needs and each child’s learning and development. Key focus areas are in line with state guidelines and include supporting children to build on their;
- Social skills, such as how to play with other children in a calm, sharing and rewarding way
- Self-awareness and respect for others
- Emotional skills, for example understanding their feelings
- Language, literacy and numeracy skills, such as reading stories and counting objects
- A joy for learning and group activities, such as talking, drawing and making things together with other children their own age
- Ability to make new friends
- Exposure to new ideas and concepts
There is a strong educational program that embraces the Victorian Early Years Learning Development Framework. The Kindergarten Teacher and Co-Educators will work on building strong and trusting relationships with each child and family and focus on the following;
- Building resilience
- Promoting school readiness
- Building partnerships with local schools, council, teachers, preschool field officers and supporting bodies
Norfolk Street Child Care Centre understands that school readiness is a big aspect of a 4 year old Kindergarten Program and aims to ensure that each child is given the best opportunity to succeed.
Additionally Yarraville Community Kindergarten (YCK) is co-located with our centre. YCK is separately managed and further information can be obtained through council or by contacting BPA.